Our Ardsly soles are all made using reclaimed rubber tyres, that otherwise would go to landfill. The materials used to produce your orders have been consciously selected, either supporting the artisans that make them, or the planet, or both. Although we arn't perfect, we are always working towards using the best sustainable material, we're always open to suggestions, so please get in touch if you have any.
- Recycled / reclaimed car and van tyres for soles
- We us a combination of off-cut leathers, locally sourced leathers. All by-product. See more on our FAQ page.
- Our shoes are all packed plastic free!
- Vegan leathers coming soon!
Our collab tees are all print-to-order - meaning we will never over produce. The t-shirts used to produce your orders have been consciously selected by us to ensure they support both the environment and the workers involved.
Notes from our UK t-shirt printers:
- Our t-shirt suppliers produce a range of organic garments that they have been GOTS (Global Organic Standard) certified since 2007. They offer 100% organic Indian cotton and their FS range (Fair Share) which has been running since 2016 and aim is to provide a living wage to the workers in its factory in India; a percentage of the garment price is allocated to go directly to these workers in their monthly wages.
- Our DTG (direct to garment) printers use ink that’s OEKO-TEX certified, which means they contain no chemicals which negatively impact or harm the environment. The inks are water-based and because we use DTG there is less waste than other garment printing methods.
- All garments that don’t pass quality control go to charity, which as well as helping our local community does reduce the amount of waste we dispose of.
- Our mailing bags are made from 100% recycled materials. However, The use garment bags are necessary for us to prevent in transit damages, and ensure the product reaches our customers in the condition we expect.
- The excess waste we do have in cardboard and paper is recycled
Our UK art printers are just concerned about plastic pollution as we are. The materials used to produce your orders have been carefully selected to reduce their impact on the environment, whilst still ensuring your orders get to you in perfect condition.
- Sustainably sourced Inkjet papers
- Recyclable packaging envelopes
- Recyclable cardboard stiffeners
- Paper tape made from 100% recycled fibres
- Biodegradable bubble wrap
- 100% recycled polypropylene corner protectors
- Recyclable bio-polyethylene frame protection